Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a while. Real life intruded. Too much going on and not enough hours in the day.
Once Spring started Springing, all hands were on deck to get the garden ready, work on new fencing, just pretty much a good bit of work to clean up the winter mess.
Add in unexpected things going on and well, the blog was the last thing on my mind.
The garden is in - and doing great. I grew everything from seed except the peppers and 1 odd tomato and a basil plant. It's about 33x31. All new fencing. In it are heirloom Arkansas Traveler, Brandywine and Yellow Pear tomato - the odd ball is an heirloom Stripey I wanted to try.  I also have managed to save 3 Italian Grape cherry tomato plants that I grew from seed. They are in a huge bucket on the porch where I can baby them.
Yellow summer squash, 2 kinds of cukes, Okra, Sugar Snap peas,  3 kinds of bush beans, Dill, Parsley, Basil, and in another bed sunflowers.


The whole garden
 Plums - need to do some serious thinning
 Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment