Friday, June 4, 2010

Additions To The Family

A couple of weeks ago a man brought my husband a shoe box. Inside was a bird and the man had no idea what to do with it. Seems he found it out in his driveway. Hubby brings it home since he knows me and the kids are into doing "rescues". Lo and behold, this is what we found when the lid came off.
 Her name is Speckles and she's quite tame as you can see by her sitting on my finger.
Nothing would do, the kids decided she was lonely and needed a cage mate. So here is Budgie. He's not tame yet, but we are working on him.

I had never imagined we would have birds as pets, but what the heck, we've had just about everything else. I draw the line at snakes and spiders - ain't happening.

1 comment:

  1. They are so pretty...I've had mine for years and never got the 'keets finger trained. The "egg-a-lator" however has definitely mellowed out since she decided her lives work is to produce dozens of unfertilized eggs.....

    Rie...who can't figure out how to post any way but anonymously !!

    ReplyDelete